It is easy to assume that babies have no stresses and strains in their bodies as they are so young, and have been protected in the womb. However, the enormous pressures that a baby can be subjected to during pregnancy, and particularly as part of the birthing process, can cause tension that is retained in the body long after birth.
These unresolved strains may lead to your baby being unsettled and fractious.
The osteopath’s highly developed sense of touch can allow them to use extremely gentle techniques to help to relieve discomfort and improve your baby’s body function.
Osteopathy is often beneficial for:
Trauma after a difficult delivery eg. Forceps, ventouse, induction
- Plagiocephaly – misshapen head
- Crying, irritable and restless babies
- Colic, sickness and excessive wind
- Feeding difficulties and sleep disturbances
- Constipation or bowel irregularity
- Recurrent chest infections
- Ear infections eg. Glue Ear
- Cerebral Palsy